We can’t do what we do without great people. We invest the time and energy to train our talented team with the highest standards and want you to be part of it.
Please see below for current job openings and contact us about joining our team.
Completes construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling costs; completing safety and quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and field staff.
Construction Superintendent job duties to include but not limited to;
• Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees on project site; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions for field carpenters and laborers; adhering to policies and procedures.
• Manages sub-contractors by assisting in locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors; monitoring and controlling performance.
• Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
• Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
• Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and assisting with the implementation of field change orders.
• Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations and company policies.
• Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Creates and maintains construction critical path schedule. Utilizes Microsoft Project to maintain schedule. Must be able to anticipate, make changes and schedule tasks appropriately to complete each project on time.
• Creates and maintains project punch list.
• Creates work logs on a daily basis.
• Creates and maintains DFOW (Definable Features of Work) quality requirements
• Enters time for each field personnel on project site daily
• Must have a minimum of 5 years construction superintendent experience working for a general contractor
• Must be willing to travel within the State of Michigan and Northern Ohio / Illinois.
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and schematics.
• Ability to do layout of walls and ceilings.
• Journeyman carpenter with all general carpentry skills to include metal stud, wood stud, roofing, cement siding, vinyl siding, and metal siding.
• Finish carpentry to include all types of millwork, cabinets, countertops, baseboard, casing and commercial doors & hardware.
• Acoustical to include ACT/Grid installation and drywall hanging and finishing.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Framing (wood and metal stud)
• Roofing, asphalt shingles
• Siding, vinyl, metal and concrete/composite
• Drywall, hang and finish
• Acoustical ceilings, grid, and tile installation
• At least 7 years of experience working in general construction trades, commercial construction preferred.
• GED or High school diploma preferred.
• Reliable transportation to the work site or shop when required.
• Being able to travel for short and long durations.
• General tools; tape measure and hand tools.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to pass drug screening.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Attend pre-job bid meeting
• Review lead services for potential project leads and report to VP of Operations of potential projects
• Preparing proposal document and bid forms
• Prepare bid documents and distribute to subcontractors/vendors
• Prepare quantity takeoffs on projects
• Review subcontractor/vendor bids and proposals for accuracy and scope of work
• Conduct project turnover meeting
• Verify update of Superintendent’s project schedules
• Procure larger or unique project materials with written purchase orders.
• Manage subcontract agreements, W9 and Insurance requirements.
• Track all actual project costs vs. estimates and assure project is financially successful.
• Solicit change order proposals from subcontractors/vendors.
• Create owner and subcontractor change order documents to include change order logs.
• Control the submittal process.
• Control the RFI process.
• Attend progress meetings with clients.
• Prepare and verify all project closeout documentation is distributed to clients.
• Maintain constant communication with clients at a minimum of weekly with the project progress and schedule updates using the weekly progress report.
• Develop business for the company; solicit new clients and maintain existing clients.
• Adhere to the company Standard Operating Procedures
• Adhere to the company Core Values.
Great Lakes Bay Construction is a rapidly growing Design-Build / General Contractor located in Midland, MI and is currently seeking a maintenance specialist to serve our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform repairs, such as broken doors and hardware, drywall, misc. finish carpentry, etc.
- Install necessary appliances and equipment as needed
- Electrical, plumbing and mechanical knowledge to include inspecting and troubleshoot various mechanical and plumbing equipment and electrical systems
- Collaborate with other team members and consultants
- Report to maintenance division manager regarding issues resolved, those needing attention, and those currently in progress
Maintenance Specialist Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Subject to a background/drug testing
- Must be able to respond to after hour
emergency calls or work orders
- Proven experience as a maintenance worker or other similar position, preferably in a corporate setting
- Ability to read and utilize technical manuals and drawings
- Have a willingness and desire to develop skills and advance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- General passion for creative problem-solving
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Must possess intermediate computer/mobile device and application skills
- Represent the company and maintain a professional appearance
- Must have a valid State of Michigan driver’s license and possess a great driving record
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to research information needed to provide solutions to our clients
Fill out the form below to submit your resume.
Great Lakes Bay Construction offers design-build, general contracting and carpentry casework services to commercial and industrial markets in Michigan’s Great Lakes Bay Region and beyond.
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.